Only in Rosebud
A Christmas Story at Rosebud Theatre
Based on the beloved classic film, A Christmas Story is a hilarious tale set in the golden days of old-fashioned family Christmases. BB guns, tacky leg lamps, exploding furnaces, a pack of 785 smelly hound dogs - you know this story, but just in case, here’s a sneak peek:
As always, your ticket to A Christmas Story includes a buffet meal before show. Running until December 22 with both matinee and evening performances - we warmly welcome you to get into the spirit of the season at Rosebud Theatre this November and December. Get tickets >
With an array of beautifully unique bed & breakfasts and an inn located in Rosebud, it’s the perfect place to spend the weekend. Here are three local accommodations we recommend:
- Rosebud Country Inn Steps away from the Rosebud Theatre, this beautiful inn features 10 rooms, each with their own ensuite and in-room heat control. Rosebud Country Inn offers many unique packages and events throughout the year.
- Arbour Guest House Is located in the heart of Rosebud featuring heritaged styled rooms with queen beds, private bathrooms, a comfortable living area that is artistically decorated including paintings by owner Valerie Speer. In the morning you will be warmly greeted with fresh pressed coffee and a delicious hot breakfast. Check out their TripAdvisor reviews.
- The Rose Cottage Bed & Breakfast Come and Enjoy Warm Hospitality “Rosebud Style” with the Millers, featuring a 2-course candlelight breakfast with Fresh Roasted Coffee, lovely sitting room, queen and single beds. The decor will charm you with the current theatre show theme.
The Rosebud Experience
The Rosebud Experience goes beyond the simple joy of watching a performance at the theatre. It transcends doing into feeling, experiencing and memory-making. From your drive into our quaint, artsy town, to the activities pre and post theatre-going, to the delicious buffet meal that’s included with your ticket, to bumping into actors and performers around town - that’s the Rosebud Experience.
Use a theatre performance as a chance to get away for a couple days, escape the city and relax at one of Rosebud’s lovely Bed and Breakfasts, or Inn.
Charming Stays at the Rosebud Country Inn
This beautiful inn features 10 rooms, each equipped with their own ensuite bathroom and in-room heat controls. A hot breakfast is served daily beginning between 7:30am-9am. Visit their TripAdvisor page and you’ll find so many positive reviews with feedback like: “Rosebud is a lovely community and staying at the Inn just made it all that more special” and “We came for the theatre, and ended up staying for 3 nights”.
It’s the perfect place to plan a relaxing autumn stay exploring the area. From the many unique Rosebud gift shops, dining spots, and artist galleries minutes from Rosebud Country Inn’s door, to the convenience of staying so close to the theatre - you could plan a whole Rosebud getaway with Rosebud Country Inn as your resting point.
If you’re looking to get out and see the surrounding area while in Rosebud, Rosebud Country Inn owner and hostess BJ is a great resource of local knowledge. She is a member of the Belles of the Badlands, a local group dedicated to promoting the Canadian Badlands and everything they have to offer. She says autumn is an excellent time for hiking around the Badlands. The Hoodoos and Horseshoe Canyon are two particular spots that come to mind. She can also help you plan a shopping trip or recommend nearby attractions.
On top of being an amazing place to stay year-round, Rosebud Country Inn collaborates with other local businesses to provide unique special events and packages throughout the year. One example of this is their regular collaboration with Nature’s Essential Garden to provide presentations on how to use ingredients from the local area to make bath and other personal products.
More Recommendations from Locals
Here are a few other ideas from other local Only In Rosebud partners:
Rose Cottage’s 5 Things You Should Do In Rosebud
- Check out gift shops
- See all the beautiful art at the Akokiniskway Gallery
- Relax at the Rosebud Public Gazebo and watch birds
- Listen to music at the Saturday Night Jam Nights at the Thorny Rose Cafe
- Afternoon Pie at the Rosebud Country Inn
Arbour Guest House’s 5 Things You Should Do In Rosebud
- Stay over night to have a more intimate experience in Rosebud
- Wander the trails and old rail bed to bird watch, enjoy the quiet and hear your own thoughts
- Attend Rosebud Dinner and Theatre
- Take in Alberta art at the local Gallery
- Visit nearby Canandian Badlands...hikes and amazingly different landscape.