Effective: March 2024
Accountability: Reports to the Marketing & Communications Manager
Position: Half-time position (waged or employment contract)
Hours: 15 – 25hours/week on average. Work takes place on-site in Rosebud, Alberta with some travel required for direct or onsite marketing. Some weekend and evening work will be required. A blend of on-site and remote work may be possible.
Location: On-site in Rosebud, Alberta
Summary: Join a team of dedicated professionals who are passionate about great theatre, training young artists and enriching people’s lives. Rosebud Theatre & School of the Arts (RTSA) is looking for a highly skilled individual to assist with the development and execution of marketing and communications strategies. The successful candidate demonstrates excellent organizational and coordination skills, is a strong writer and effective communicator and capable of working well within a team and independently.
Working closely with the Marketing &Communications Manager, they will support an organizational rebrand in 2024 and manage several cyclical marketing tasks for each performance. These include, but are not limited to, production and distribution of marketing materials, website updates, creating press kits and updating event listings.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, authentic and innovative professional with a passion to connect and cultivate growth and engagement. They have a passion for the performing arts and a desire to engage with the public. They have attention to detail, an eye for aesthetics and always consider the outward impressions RTSA is making to current and future patrons. They are a leader, are community-minded and able to inspire their colleagues to bring their best self to their work. They understand Rosebud’s unique brand and can contribute to embodying that vision forward in all communication with the public.
1. Support the development and execution of marketing and communications strategies.
2. Lead production and distribution of marketing materials and content for RTSA’s show sand events. 3. Coordinate special events that relate to marketing
– such as opening nights and RSA recruitment events
– and attend these events as required.
4. Proactively manage website content and identify opportunities for improvement.
5. Assist in the preparation of all marketing initiatives including research, copywriting, copyediting and graphic design support.
1. Timely execution of production and distribution of marketing materials and content for RTSA’s shows and events.
2. Effective project coordination from inception to roll out.
3. Thoughtful and creative input into all marketing and communications strategies.
4. Create and maintain a highly functioning website with successful metrics.
5. Efficient and accurate inter-departmental communication.
• Post-secondary education in a related field of study, or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated strong organizational and leadership skills.
• Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills, including copywriting.
• Strong attention to detail and proactive time management skills.
• Strong relationship building and networking skills.
• High comfort level with MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
• Branding/re-branding experience is an asset.
• Graphic design experience is an asset – Canva, Adobe.
• Ability to adapt to new technology and learn new systems quickly. Experience with Webflow or other content management systems is an asset.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Excited to support the vision of Rosebud Theatre & School of the Arts in the successful execution of strategies and goals.
Applications: To apply please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. A resume(s) with both relevant and potentially related experience.
2. A cover letter including reasons why this position maybe a good fit for you.