Accountability: Reports to the Executive Director
Position: Fulltime salary
Hours: Monday – Friday (some weekend and evening work may be required)
Location: On-site in Rosebud, Alberta
Summary: Join a team of dedicated professionals who are passionate about great theatre, training young artists, and enriching people’s lives.
Rosebud Theatre & School of the Arts (RTSA) is looking for a highly skilled individual who possesses strong leadership skills, is a team player, and has a vision to serve the organization’s financial management needs. Working closely with the Executive Director and the Management Team they will ensure the finance office is run smoothly and efficiently and contributes to the attainment of Rosebud’s mission and mandate.
The ideal candidate is an authentic and innovative professional with a background in accounting, bookkeeping, or related fields, and is passionate about financial management. They have a strong interest and/or experience working in the not-for-profit world, and care about the performing arts and arts education, especially in rural Alberta.
They are a leader, community-minded, and able to inspire their colleagues to bring their best self to their work. They understand Rosebud’s unique brand and can contribute to embodying that vision forward in all financial matters.
The Finance & Administration Director will also be an integral part of the development team and aid in donor management.
The Finance & Administration Director is a member of the Management Team and will attend Board meetings as required. This position is salaried and comes with a benefit package.
1. To provide leadership of financial management at Rosebud Theatre & School of the Arts
2. To be an active and integral member of the Management Team
3. Responsible for the effective operation of the accounting systems, the preparation of and distribution of financial reports, and administrative oversight, including:
b. staff benefits
c. human resources
e. systems purchase and leasing
f. guest services and retail sales
4. Responsible for maintaining the accounting software, systems databases, and ticket sales software and the general oversight of computer networking systems
5. Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining the organization’s general policies and practices.
1. Smooth and efficient running of Rosebud’s administration and financial management
2. Effective and efficient monitoring of revenue and expenses as compared to budget
3. Implementation and operation of administrative and financial systems
4. Clear and accurate monthly and annual financial reporting and analysis
5. Effective management of payroll, benefits, and all banking
6. With the Management Team, preparation of a clear and realistic annual budget
7. Effective management of human resource records and policies
• Post-secondary education in a related field of study, or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated strong organizational and leadership skills
• Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and time management skills
• Strong interpersonal, financial, and administrative skills
• Exceptional ability to master various systems and software as required (Excel, Simply Accounting, Sage, etc.)
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to adapt to new technology and learn new systems
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
• Excited to support the vision of Rosebud Theatre & School of the Arts in the successful execution of strategies and goals
Applications: To apply please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. A resume(s) with both relevant and potentially related experience
2. A cover letter including reasons why this position may be a good fit for you